Friday 3 June 2011

Hello, I am Alex.
This is the second week in London.
In the first week we had some school at Brixton and the people from Embrace teach us some things about London maybe protect your live and your money and don’t go to Soho or at the park by night. So I was really afraid and confused in the first week.
Now I think for me, I will not live with fear in my head. So I get started my own adventure in London an when it will pass I go with friends in to the city.
I love the natural places in London like the ^Cleopatras needle^ or the parks like the Kew Gardens.



But in my opinion I think we talk too often german in the group, I don’t like the german speaking in UK because we are in London.




Good morning my name is Andreas.
I’m here in London with fithteen other persons from Saxony.
The flight was exiting and very nice. When we’ve arrived Heathrow airport, i was a little bit jetlegged. ;)
At the Hostel we have to used to the “English way of life”. The windows are very strange, the blankets are very thin, the noise from the underground trains is awful and the white bread is not so my taste. After 2 weeks in London we forgot these things, because we have so many new challenges to managing. I was very disappointed about my first two interviews for apprenticeship. But I understand the problem for the Embrace team to find an a apprenticeship for fithteen persons. Judith is a lovly woman who have still find an fine guitar shop for me and I hope that I can work there.
Keeping my fingers crossed. Bye!






My name is Angelika.
London is very nice. I have to learn to be patience. I wait and wait in an cold house on the work. My boss was don’t coming. My Pc is broken, is not good. My plan for next week is new pc or repair.
I myself unhappy, because I’m ill. ☹







Olla. My name is Manuela.
This is my first time in London and I like it very much. It was my first Fly to come here! On the beginning, I feel sick, but then we became some food in the Airplane and then I feel much better ;)
London is a nice City with many friendly and helpful peoples.
I work in Oxfam. I hope I can improve my English and advise some customers. C ya




Hello! My name is Marcel. I’ve never been to London before, so it’s my first time here in London and Great Britain.
The flight to Heathrow airport was very relaxed. I have seen a lot of sights of London yet, e. g. Tower Bridge, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, the museums near South Kensington underground station. Last Saturday I took part on a stadium tour at Chelsea football stadium. It was very interesting and I did some great photos. I visited the Royal Airforce Museum, too.
I have no problems with the traffic and the underground system, but the weather is changing almost every hour, typical for the UK, isn’t it?
On Thursday my placement started at Oxfam, it’s ok but nothing special. I’d like to work at a museum, but it’s hard to find one which can provide it in such a short time.
Ok, these were my first days. Cya!




Hello, my name is marco.

That’s my first trip to London. London is a very big, nice and fast city.
I visited the Trafalgar square, the big Ben, the tower bridge and the ship MS Belfast.
The trips with the tube are fast but with extremely much people.
On Thursday starts my placement in the wildlife park near the river Thamse.
In the park I work as a gardener and landscaper. Our Boss is a nice and friendly
and she is full of energy. We have a friendly team leader and
colleagues. My Challenges are to improve my English and make trips to the city
of london.

kind regards M.B.




Hi my name is ronny, here lives 6 week in London of the hostel in northfield, work in a wildlife park, me happy, I come back to germany. I learn English for me so simple its go. The time is ticking away. This next time in germany ron ☺






My name is seppel the Sepp!

I have a very nice time in the expensive ,beautiful,wonderful,interesting, UNITED KINGDOM
Seeeeeeeyouuuuuuuusoooooon!!!!!




I enjoy my trip and I love London. In my first week I saw a lot of London, and I visited many Parks here.

The life here is very exciting, so many people from different countries here!!! To go by Tube is like cinema.
I hope to improve my English, in the last week we will see ☺. Theresa

I’m thrilled to be in London.
I’ve already done loads, but feel like it’s nothing compared to the opportunities the city has to offer.
Works is a bit hard though, real intense but I feel I’m making no difference or contribution to the office whatsoever!






Hey there,

in the first week I just satisfied my basic needs: I’ve bought things like hygiene basics out of the drugstore, searched for the infrastructure around our hostel including the supermarket, the parks, a mobil phone sim card for calls between our groups here in town and for calls at home. Also we found some nice shops in our living area. I looked for a city map as well, and I found a very good one: The >>A to Z<<. It was very energy-wasting, but after all it makes live very comfortable, and I would recommend to all of You to make yourself a To-Do-List for absolutely necessary things in live You don’t want to miss. If You do, You’ll be prepared very quick and good for life here in London. I’ve build up my comfort-zone. Live and Personal Growth can begin now. ☺

Stefan

No comments:

Post a Comment