Wednesday 29 June 2011

Last weekend we were all in Oxford. I was the only one who wanted to get an overview on the whole University, so I took an amazing bus tour. Even if it had cost a little the guide had shown me unforgettable collages e. g. where Bill Clinton, Mahatma Ghandi and Oscar Wilde studied.. Afterwards I did a lot of shopping one more time ,-), eating walked along the small river in the park, and last but not least I enjoied my first cider of the day in a bar with a Live Jazz Improvisation Band entertaining.

It’s getting a horrible idea in my mind to have to leave in a week.

At work I found out more than ever that it’s that important to open my mouth and talk with my colleagues as well as with my bosses, but otherwise I feel like I’ve done nearly nothing in the last six weeks at work, as if I know nobody and I’m still being an alien in London and in The Folly. So, even if everybody including my bosses telling me always that I do a good job I just can’t believe that I would be able to work here with that less skills I have. I’d just believe it if The Folly offers me a job. I want that job I’m already doing because I’d really like to stay here for a longer time.

For the time being I focus on proactive communication to build up my future here.

Stefan







Just 7 days left to be in London. And there are two sites. One that is happy to go back home and one that want to stay here. But I need time alone without 14 others around me even it was a funny time.

My week at work was very fantastic. I wrote an article about an event in my office and yesterday it was published at the OBV website. So I am very proud of it. The other days I did typical office stuff like database, phone calls and writing letters. The biggest challenge for me was to call the whole time High Commissions in London, because I often had problems in understanding those people. Also writing an article in English was not really easy for me, but I did it.



Because of the long working time and the long journey from the East to the West I had not much time to do anything around London. At the weekend some of us visited Hampstead Heath and the Angel station after the annoying Saturday excursion to Oxford. So believe me to travel in a group of 17 and your not allowed to explore the environment by your own is terrible. Every time you have to wait for someone and that’s nerve-tracking.
So I will enjoy the last week here in London because I finished my placements, so I just have to make my LifeDream presentation the next week. And most of it is in my head so I will use the 3 days to finish it. And do the final shopping tour for my family….

Jennifer




This week was good. I was working in the same shop. I was sorting the dishes, toys, souvenirs and pictures and placing them on the shelves.
On this week I visited are Modern Gallery and Kew Garden. I liked is very much, it was
very interesting.
On the next week I will finish the presentation and well prepare for the travel back.
I miss my family and hope that the last week will be over soon.



Olga




Hello everybody,


My week was very stressful. I was working all the time and I was not in the city this week. So… the last week begin NOW!!!! The Countdown. We have many things to do… buy some presents, postcards, see a lot… have a party… . And I must work.




Last week I have written emails to other companies, go around and take some pictures from the placements. Very often I went the wrong way ☺ but a very nice guy show me the way. I began to make my presentation I change my life dream. I want to play in a famous orchestra my Saxophone. I hope the last weekend will be good. I am happy that
We go home next Friday, it was a good time, but home is home.

Susanna




This week was both, enjoyable and just a wee bit sad. Enjoyable, as I just felt like I was living every moment. Sad, because we will all be on a plane back home next week.
Actually London has become home to me. I enjoy the lively atmosphere, the worldly air and all the culture in the city. Even work has been quite enjoyable, as I just quit thinking about what I am actually doing - and just went with it instead.




This week was a very relaxing one. But also a sad week. I know the importance to enjoy every day and every moment.
I discovered a lot of places (Greenwich Park and Tower Bridge). I am happy about the nice weather predicted for weekend by wetteronline.de (haha). I still love London but I can’t imagine live here for a longer time, because it’s not a healthy life. I am a country-girl through and through…

Theresa




Today I have to write two blogs because I forgot to write one last week.

On Saturday I visited the Queens Birthday Parade. I had a good view of the Queen and Kate. The next day I went to the RAF Museum again, because I like it so much. It gave me the opportunity to take some better pictures, too. From Monday till Thursday I worked at Oxfam. It wasn’t very busy, but not on Thursday my boss completely pissed off. The reason was his boss who checked every little detail of the shop and she found some objections.
The following week was quite good. We made a trip to Oxford. I don’t want to go into details… On Sunday I went to the city to look for sport cars, because I like the design and the sound of them ;) The work at Oxfam was very busy, not because of the customers, but of the problems with the general manager the week before. On Wednesday we had a free day and went to Brighton. It was very nice and the weather fitted, too. That’s all.



Marcel




This week I have sometimes the feeling that I can spend more time here in England. Maybe I would live here for a couple of months. But now my time here is nearly ending.
So I am a little bit sad about that. But I want to travel a lot by tube this weekend and next week. My goal is to see most of the nicest stations and to photographed them.
Cheers!

Andi




This week work in placement and privately going shopping shoes, clothes etc. The 7 weeks in England find I easy, is was a beautiful and a hard time. No Holiday in England ;)
I find absolutely the Tube, this is my best friend ;) I was missing the Tube ☹.

Here a pair pictures out of the work from 7 Weeks ☺



This since the park Rangers ;)



This is slowly and releaxing work in Londons wildlifepark ;)

Cheers Ronny

No comments:

Post a Comment